Finally, We are Moving Back to Malaysia
After 13+ long years in the US, we are moving back to Malaysia for good this Sunday (May 3)!!! Yes...going back to Malaysia - the only place that we call HOME...the only place that makes us feel like HOME!
This is definitely a HUGE DECISION and a LIFE CHANGING DECISION for myself and my family!
Alot of the people told us now is really a bad time to go home because the economy is bad, crime rate is high, and almost everyone in Malaysia wants to leave the country, etc....so it will be better off for us to remain in the US.
Here are our main reasons behind this big decision:
1) Our parents are getting older each day. Though they never asked, but who wouldn't want their kids and grandkids to be close to them...and spend more time with them? We are still young and have plenty of time and opportunities to build our career and dreams anywhere anytime, but the least we could do for our parents is to be closer to them, take good care of them, and let them enjoy their grandparenthood!
2) We see plenty of opportunities in Msia and Asia, so we want to give it a try. Your don't try you don't know!
We actually have some friends who disagreed with our decision. One person even said to me - If u go back u sure mati-lah. I can bet u will come back in less than 6 months!!
See, there will NEVER be a "right time" to go home. We can always find thousands of reasons not to go back- e.g: Economy bad, we shouldn't go back; but when economy is good, job opportunities in the US becomes more attractive, then why go back? But the truth is - we sometimes only need 1 or 2 reasons to make the big decision.
So this time we decide to follow our hearts! We know better than anyone else what we really want (not just a good paying job!). A myB member once told me - God will take care of those who take good care of their parents! I really believe that...!
No doubt it's not going to be easy, there will be a lot of new challenges, uncertainties, and adjustments we have to make! But we believe with God's grace and a good family-friend support system at home, I think we should be ok! (right?).
Now what happen if for whatever reasons it didn't work out for us in Malaysia? Other than expecting more "I TOLD U SO", there is no reason why we can't return to the US or find other options! No problem of keep trying!
ok...here are some latest updates:
- God has been good to me (some said I was lucky) - I got a job offer in Malaysia working as a IT Project Manager for a consulting firm in Malaysia (got this offer after we made the decision in February and after 1 month of online job search). I will be working in KL once I arrived in Malaysia.
- We have been meeting our friends (including some myB members) and ex-colleagues these few days. We are definitely going to miss all of them!!! THANK YOU all....(Will post pics once we settle down in Malaysia ok?)
- We have been shopping like crazy in New York City. Knowing we are going back for good, sure we are going to get lots of stuff lah! So u can tell I am pretty broke now!
- When I have more time later, I will share more details about our GO-HOME preparations and experience. I am sure this will help others who are thinking of going back home too!
Ok....time to wrap up. See you all in Malaysia!
Edited by Ray on 30-December-09 at 11:15pm