] ]

] ] ]
]
Welcome Guest ] ]
Take advantage of our free member features & special offers by registering to create a *free* account. If you're already a member simply enter your login username and password below...
Name:
Pass:
Auto Login
Add me to Active Users list
Yes  No
Forgot password? | Register
People Online: 2
Guest(s): 2Member(s): 0
Robot(s): 0Admins: 0
Memberships: 2222
The Newest Member is azierah
Member(s) Visited: 0 
UniQue Hits: Disabled
Statistics (unique hits) have been disabled to optimize page loads.
Most Online: 332
Occured: 30-April-15
Members[0], Guests[332]
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Menu Navigation ] ]
 myB Radio
 myB Cool Pack
 myB Partners/Sponsors
 myB Forums
 Buddies Around The World
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Top 10 Recent Posts ] ]
View Last Post Where is everybody?
Last Post By: ashk1n
Forum: Buddies Lounge

Posted: 21-July-13 at: 12:33pm

View Last Post Philadelphia mom group
Last Post By: PPLoke
Forum: Parenting & Family

Posted: 30-June-13 at: 12:18pm

View Last Post Looking for a confinement lady in redmond
Last Post By: aacew

Posted: 22-April-13 at: 3:39pm

View Last Post food
Last Post By: toadette
Forum: myBuddies USA

Posted: 18-September-11 at: 9:45am

View Last Post I have been isolated lately...
Last Post By: Libob
Forum: myBuddies Malaysia

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 3:04pm

View Last Post Baby

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:58pm

View Last Post Hot days and Cool nights are here
Last Post By: crispi

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:46pm

View Last Post Green Card Renewal
Forum: myBuddies Q&A

Posted: 23-August-11 at: 4:02pm

View Last Post MIA the longest

Posted: 19-August-11 at: 10:35am

View Last Post kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL)
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 5 » 6
Last Post By: Gila Nasi Lemak
Forum: Member Introductions

Posted: 15-July-11 at: 12:26pm

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

Member Introductions
 myBuddies.net- >Member Introductions
Subject Topic: kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Forum Jump 6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
ParamJC

National Flag of United States United States
Posted: 14-July-06 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote ParamJC

Gurdeep - Did Mrs Bhupalan ever teach at Bukit Bintang Girls School??

I don't even know whether she was at Sentul Convent, the one I went to. We had one of the nastiest Indian teachers - a Mrs Pandian - as our Form 5 class teacher!

Back to Top Printable version View ParamJC's Profile Search for other posts by ParamJC

TonyLim

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 14-July-06 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote TonyLim

param, u studied in BBGS?
Back to Top Printable version View TonyLim's Profile Search for other posts by TonyLim

kl_gal

Posted: 14-July-06 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Param,

I'm not sure if Mrs Bhupalan ever taught at BBGS or Sentul Convant. She was our headmistress when I sat for my MCE in 1975. She was, in many ways a role model for us-she was a strong advocate for womens rights and was very outspoken about it-very frequently in the newspapers too.

Only problem was that she could stop many of us in our tracks ( like a deer in headlights) with one look and frequently used her "powers" of turning your legs to jelly

Was your Mrs Pandian as bad? What did she do?

Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

ParamJC

Posted: 14-July-06 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote ParamJC

Tony - Why-lah, were you in the boys school opposite?? No, I did not go to BBGS, I got a seat in St John's, but had to forfeit that to go to India for Medicine. I was so heartbroken because it was so difficult to get that St John's seat - only 9 girls out of a class of 52 got into Form 6 and I was one of the nine!!

Gurdeep - On the first day of school - in Sentul Convent - Mrs Pandian made all the Indian girls stand up. I did too & she said," You can sit down, as you have just transfered from Kuala Lipis." She then blasted the girls for a good 20 minutes, telling them, that you are lazy, you all don't want to study like the Chinese girls, you all have boyfriends etc, etc   

She ranted & raved for so long, & you know in our Eastern countries, do we ever say anything back to our teachers?? Unlike here?? Some of the girls started crying & some where beginning to be sick. She finally stopped.

All her classes with us, no studies, dress up like a China doll - in expensive sarees & always digress from the subject to teach!!  We all studied her subject on our own.

Even after so many years, I can never forget that experience on the first day of class. Our class monitor was a very nice Chinese girl - she was thinking of reporting her to the Mother Superior. The Tamil girls all stopped her.

Anywayz, most of us became doctors, teachers, lawyers & other professionals!

Back to Top Printable version View ParamJC's Profile Search for other posts by ParamJC

kumedd

Posted: 15-July-06 at 12:15am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Dear Encik Ray

What subject do u teach? primary school? high school?   
Well, being in Malaysia, I'm Jack of all trades. I teach, English, Bahasa Mealyu, Music and Lukisan. Teaching in Primary School                                                                                   

See, to me, having to give up everything in Msia and move to the US for a man (for love) is a courages decision, mind sharing with us ur love story? eg: how did u know him? how long u 2 been together b4 u decide to marry him and move to the US? what are ur parents/families thoughts about this rship......(Lakshmi..if u think this is too personal, u dont have to answer my nosy question ok? no obligation ya)

What do u do to prepare urself for this big transition? (moving to the US)  
To tell you the truth, I haven't done anything to prepare myself. Everything is so overwhelming. I feel even though I'm not working at the moment, I feel I'm under stress to accoplish a lot of things before I leave. Lots of loose ends to tie up. I think, the reality is going to hit me at the airport when I'm leaving. Everything is so surreal right now. 

What other languages do u speak besides English?
I speak English, Malay, Tamil and e tien tien Mandarin.

How did u hear about myBuddies?
Eddie introduced it to me, becuase he was finding how to traslate my Birth cert into English. And I got hooked on it ever since.

What do u think about us? (can tahan lah right? heheh..)

Oh ya..one more important question, where can we have the best Indian food in KL??????    or even beyond KL....also can...i think all of us don't mind drive far to makan!  
Ok, Best Indian Food for me would be Pandi's. They have a chain. I started going to them after classes in Uni. The batch in the pic and I unanimously agree, Pandi near UH hospital is the BEST!!!

Pinky - I nak have a reception. But they all feel, we should wait first and then have in a few months later.

Our Dear Mrs F.R Bhupalan retired and made life Hell for the Methodist College Student where she became a Principal. I went in after she retired. My time in MGS was Mrs Chin. Another terryfying woman.

Param Ka, you are so lucky lah, got a place in St John. When I wanted to go there, I was unlucky, cause the space were filled. I was crying and crying because I thought my chance of meeting the most handsomest boys were lost.  I'm so sorry that you had to endure a teacher like Mrs Pandian.

Anyway, I think, going to India was better right? Where did you go Manipal?

I'm also the cikgu anti dadah. Here I'm threatening the kids.  I look so menacing!!! If they ever did drugs "Watch out" I'll find you and then......  All empty threats. Oh I miss these kids so much.

Edited by Ray on 15-July-06 at 12:33am
Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

ParamJC

Posted: 15-July-06 at 4:05am | IP Logged Quote ParamJC

Yes Lakshmi, I don't have any regrets for doing medicine. Yes, I did go to Manipal - how did you guess?? I think most Malaysian Indians go to Manipal, but I did see some Chinese boys in Manipal too, and one or two Malays.

Does it mean that you have quit teaching to prepare yourself for the wedding??

kumedd

Posted: 15-July-06 at 10:34am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

No I have not quit teaching yet. I had to stop because I went thru an operation and I wanted to finish the dissertaion. I couldn't manage school and meetings and wrtiting my paper. It was all too stress full.

But, at least now I'm getting up in the morning and I can hear the birds chirp and actually see the sun coming up.

Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

kl_gal

Posted: 15-July-06 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Param,

Your Mrs Pandian sounds like an absolute tyrant. At least with Mrs Bhupalan, we only had to deal with her on occassion, when we bumped into her in the corridors or canteen.Can't even imagine dealing with someone like that on a daily basis. They should seriously consider giving psychological tests to ppl in certain professions like teaching  before hiring them..many are dedicated who care about their students but some ( like your Mrs Pandian) seem to enjoy terrorising young minds & spirits

Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

kumedd

Posted: 16-July-06 at 3:33am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

kl_gal - what year were you in MGSKL again?

Other than Mrs B, which other teacher taught you?

There is a reunion for MGSKL 110 year anniversary on the Aug 12th, in case you have not heard about it

TonyLim

Posted: 16-July-06 at 7:38am | IP Logged Quote TonyLim

Param, I asked because my lovely soul mate completed Form5 in BBGS in 1975....went to VI for her Form 6.....wah, time flies.

Me went to estate schools, Param, for my secondary education, down South...many Tamil and Malayalee classmates...huh, talking of long Malayalee names, some of them are one yard long........BTW Param, I still can speak a bit of Tamil la...

Edited by tonycareen on 16-July-06 at 7:41am
Back to Top Printable version View TonyLim's Profile Search for other posts by TonyLim

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

Posted: 16-July-06 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote Ray

**Off topic mode on **

Dear all, may I make a suggestion?  why don't we start some new posts in our "Heart & Soul" forum to share some of the best memories we have during our childhood, primary school, high school, uni etc..?  I think it will be fun especially some of u had attended the same school and may share some common memories...!!!  We can title the post to something like "MGS and me"; "BBGS and me"; "CHS and ME"....or any creative titles!

That way, others can also share the joy and fun of our memories.   

**Off topic mode off **

Edited by Ray on 16-July-06 at 8:42am

Back to Top Printable version View Ray's Profile Search for other posts by Ray Visit Ray's Homepage

kl_gal

Posted: 16-July-06 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Quote: kumedd

kl_gal - what year were you in MGSKL again?

Other than Mrs B, which other teacher taught you?

There is a reunion for MGSKL 110 year anniversary on the Aug 12th, in case you have not heard about it

Kumedd,

I was in MGS for Forms 2 thru 5- did my MCE in 1975. Being as it was more than 30 years ago, I cant remember the names of any of my other teachers. Mrs B of course stands out in my memory

I didnt know about the reunion..are you going to attend? If you do, please ambik gambar and share. Who knows, I may recognise a few faces

kumedd

Posted: 18-July-06 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Hi kl_gal

About the reunion, I'd love to go. Is just that they are cahrging RM 150 per person and not even in school ground. They are having the reunion in a hotel

So, my friends and I have decided, that it was pointless. The whole purpose to have a reunion is to reunite with the school and have sweet memories about the school, right?

So, sorry dear, I don't think, I'd be going.

kl_gal

Posted: 18-July-06 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Kumedd,

I dont blame you for not going..apart from the high cost, it is quite useless to have it in a hotel as you said..but maybe they dont large enough facilities at the school to accomodate the number of anticipated guests?

kumedd

Posted: 19-July-06 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

kl_gal,

You are right, maybe the organisers don't have space. But, I would think, if we they could get nice tents and table and chair, have a really nice buffet dinner on the school ground and a really good DJ and some good music, I think they will be able to lower the costs. Moreover, parking would not be a hassle as well. I think, it would attract more Old Girls to come back, because it would be more nostalgic don't you think?

But, I promise you, if I do change my mind, I will tangkap, lots and lots of gambar - ok

leejudie

Posted: 19-July-06 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote leejudie

So mahal.... (Mahal is cheep in Thai)...but I supposed its becoz of its location. You should be the organiser, Kummed, its only appropriate to have the reunion in School, so much of memories there ya !!! I was just writing to some old reunions being held next month, and most of them are not held in School!!!

Back to Top Printable version View leejudie's Profile Search for other posts by leejudie

]
] ]