] ]

] ] ]
]
Welcome Guest ] ]
Take advantage of our free member features & special offers by registering to create a *free* account. If you're already a member simply enter your login username and password below...
Name:
Pass:
Auto Login
Add me to Active Users list
Yes  No
Forgot password? | Register
People Online: 1
Guest(s): 1Member(s): 0
Robot(s): 0Admins: 0
Memberships: 2222
The Newest Member is azierah
Member(s) Visited: 0 
UniQue Hits: Disabled
Statistics (unique hits) have been disabled to optimize page loads.
Most Online: 332
Occured: 30-April-15
Members[0], Guests[332]
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Menu Navigation ] ]
 myB Radio
 myB Cool Pack
 myB Partners/Sponsors
 myB Forums
 Buddies Around The World
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Top 10 Recent Posts ] ]
View Last Post Where is everybody?
Last Post By: ashk1n
Forum: Buddies Lounge

Posted: 21-July-13 at: 12:33pm

View Last Post Philadelphia mom group
Last Post By: PPLoke
Forum: Parenting & Family

Posted: 30-June-13 at: 12:18pm

View Last Post Looking for a confinement lady in redmond
Last Post By: aacew

Posted: 22-April-13 at: 3:39pm

View Last Post food
Last Post By: toadette
Forum: myBuddies USA

Posted: 18-September-11 at: 9:45am

View Last Post I have been isolated lately...
Last Post By: Libob
Forum: myBuddies Malaysia

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 3:04pm

View Last Post Baby

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:58pm

View Last Post Hot days and Cool nights are here
Last Post By: crispi

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:46pm

View Last Post Green Card Renewal
Forum: myBuddies Q&A

Posted: 23-August-11 at: 4:02pm

View Last Post MIA the longest

Posted: 19-August-11 at: 10:35am

View Last Post kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL)
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 5 » 6
Last Post By: Gila Nasi Lemak
Forum: Member Introductions

Posted: 15-July-11 at: 12:26pm

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

Member Introductions
 myBuddies.net- >Member Introductions
Subject Topic: kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Forum Jump 6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
kumedd

Posted: 20-July-06 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

leejudie - Hi thanks for you imput. Sayang isn't it, school reunion not in school.

But I'm far from being the organiser lah. I'm having trouble even organisining my own wedding. Aiyo - to get a hall is sssssooooo difficult. This is what happens when everyone wants to get married in the school holiday.

Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

National Flag of United States United States
Posted: 27-July-06 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Ray

**off topic **

Kumedd, i moved ur "Indian food" pics to a new post.  Yes...all food deserved to have their own post!!!  heheh

http://www.mybuddies.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4138

Back to Top Printable version View Ray's Profile Search for other posts by Ray Visit Ray's Homepage

rkaren
Groupie

Groupie

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 11-September-06 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote rkaren

Hi kumedd,
I got a note from Ray mentioning that you are a teacher and live in Brickfields and will be moving to Kentucky soon.
What a pleasant surprise. I was a teacher in PJ but lived in Brickfields. I actually studied in UM and obtained my Diploma in Cross Culture and language.  I am presently living in Dover, Delaware.
When will you be moving to the states and when is your big day? Please do keep in touch so that we will be able to communicate.
Kumedd, I have a friend who lives in GA now. She obtained her MA in TESL and has been doing her certifications to teach in a public school. I did teach in the Carribeans for 2 years with my Teaching Diploma obtained from Malaysia. I taught in an Independent school. So if you are planning to teach in Kentucky without your teaching certificates from the US, I suggest you go to www.nais.org and start looking for independent schools. The salarly is more attractive than public schools. I dont think you will have problems looking for a job. Once you get your PR, you can get any jobs. With your MA qualifications, you can even work in corporate, NGO and etc
Good luck in your wedding preparations.. I got married in the US...it was a fun experience..got a priest from a temple that is an hour drive from where we live. It was a really good experience for my American friends. The local channel broadcaster attended our wedding and interviewed us after the ceremony...so we were like celebrity,,,,were on the tv channel.
shopping is really great here...estee lauder, calvin klein...hehhehehehe u can get all of them here with a reasonable price..
just went shopping today and bought a longchamp tote....

Rambutan

Posted: 11-September-06 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote Rambutan

Wah Kumedd & Karuna (K&K) - you both dah boleh kawan-kawan ya...  Both of you are/were teacher from Brickfield...  Satu kampung...

Ya Kumedd, please update us with your wedding preparations ya...  Kak Ram dah rindu sangat kat Kumedd...  Eddie ada baik..?  Aisey, harap2 Kumedd cepat-cepat kahwin & selamat sampai ke USA...

Kentucky is not too far away from Virginia ya...  Nanti kita buat gathering with Karuna, we all masak kari & makan roti canai sama-sama ya...   Lepas tu, kita pergi swimming kat Virginia Beach...  Apmacam...?

Kak Ram

Back to Top Printable version View Rambutan's Profile Search for other posts by Rambutan Visit Rambutan's Homepage

rkaren
Groupie

Groupie

Posted: 11-September-06 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote rkaren

Kak Ram,
I like your plan..Bila Kumedd sampai ke USA, kita boleh ada jamuan untuk kemedd dan Eddie...
Karuna pun dah rindu Kak Ram, boleh jumpa masak-masak dan pergi swimming..
Kak Ram, please dont forget to include me for your beach trip..
We will have fun then..dont know when we can go to the beach...as if kumedd comes in Dec, it will be a bad idea to go to the beach..winter time..
we will think of something else then...okkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Elsie

Posted: 12-September-06 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Elsie

Quote: rkaren
Kak Ram, please dont forget to include me for your beach trip..
We will have fun then..dont know when we can go to the beach...as if kumedd comes in Dec, it will be a bad idea to go to the beach..winter time..
we will think of something else then...okkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Maybe do a little ice skating, snow sledding, making snowman, making snow ice cone, making snow angels, snowball throwing and drinking hot cocoa!

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

Posted: 12-September-06 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote Ray

Quote: Rambutan

Kentucky is not too far away from Virginia ya...  Nanti kita buat gathering with Karuna, we all masak kari & makan roti canai sama-sama ya...   Lepas tu, kita pergi swimming kat Virginia Beach...  Apmacam...?

Kak Ram

Will u invite me and Soo?  I am a big fan of u wor...so pls don't left me out lah!!! (sentiasa lupa Ray)...I can wear my Speedo and show u how fast i can swim mah!  

Got a note from Kumedd, she is extremely busy with a lot of stuff, but she will drop by when she catch some time...

Back to Top Printable version View Ray's Profile Search for other posts by Ray Visit Ray's Homepage

kumedd

Posted: 12-September-06 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Hi guys!!

Apa khabar semua!! I know I know, you guys must be sick and tired of me doing disappering acts. The thing is, as the day is approaching, I'm really getting pulled in all directions. Today, I just happened to look up an old friend who is going to help me with decorating and doing a "koolam " ( indian design patterns) for me in my house.

Guys, anyone got ideas for a thank you gift for attending the wedding. I'm thinking of poutporri, anyone got any other ideas?

Kak Ram - I miss you tooooooo. I hope I can get to see you by sometime this time next year. Eddie is coming down in Nov - a week before the wedding. So I have to submit all the paper work before that. I foresee a mad rush.

Karuna- Nice to meet you. Which part of Brickfields did you say you are from? I'm getting married at the Vinayagar temple in Brickfields. And how did you end up in Delaware.

Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

farina

Posted: 12-September-06 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote farina

kumedd, kalau u nak bagi potpourri as a gift, id suggest u go to jln tar. lotsa shops for wedding stuff esp for the potspourri. for my bro's wedding, i used small bottles for the potpourri, covered w cloth and tied w ribbons (2 or 3 diff colors). or u can also make a pouch.
Back to Top Printable version View farina's Profile Search for other posts by farina

Melakagirl

Posted: 12-September-06 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Melakagirl

off topic mode**

Ray, if you are wearing your speedo, then I am NOT joinning in!!

Wait my eyes jadi merah, how??
Back to Top Printable version View Melakagirl's Profile Search for other posts by Melakagirl

Rambutan

Posted: 12-September-06 at 8:58pm | IP Logged Quote Rambutan

Kumedd - Kak Ram dah tak sabar2 tunggu your wedding day...  Tangkap gambar banyak2 tau...  Share with us in here, ok...

Karuna - If we do gathering during winter time, we all masak steamboat...  Seafood with udang, lobster, crab, scallop...  After that, we can make bihun with the broth..  Best makan steamboat in the winter time.  Kita plan awal-awal ya...

[/quote]

Will u invite me and Soo?  I am a big fan of u wor...so pls don't left me out lah!!! (sentiasa lupa Ray)...I can wear my Speedo and show u how fast i can swim mah!  

[/QUOTE]

Ray, nak wear Speedo, bulu kaki kena cukur (shave) first...  Kalau tidak, amoi semua lari ooooo....

MelakaGurl, how are you..?  My hugs and kisses to Faith and Grace.

Kak Ram

Back to Top Printable version View Rambutan's Profile Search for other posts by Rambutan Visit Rambutan's Homepage

rkaren
Groupie

Groupie

Posted: 12-September-06 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote rkaren

Kak Ram,
I am looking forward to winter now.. Hope it comes soon, so that we can meet up and have steamboat....it has been ages since I had steamboat,...tapi bila buat steamboat jangan letak lada hitam atau lada putih..suami tak boleh makan lada..I make real good dessert..so I can bawa dessert for our gathering...
Kak Ram, I am dying to eat nasi lemak....pedas-pedas dengan kangkung....tak boleh dapat kangkung in Kampung Dover,DE

Libob

Posted: 12-September-06 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote Libob

Hey Kumedd,

Thank you Gift suggestions:

I remember there's a girlfriend's wedding many yrs ago, good gosh, I am old, that the bride send all her friends 2 giant pink wedding cookies and a little hand craft home(you can make some wedding flowers like a pink rose, golden or yellow rose with them at the party before the wedding or whatever Kumedd wants.  Your poutporri is a good idea too - very american.

Mrs alibob

leejudie

Posted: 13-September-06 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote leejudie

Sorry Kumedd, missed out this whole interesting thread....Thats the setback when I didnt logged in after a few days...hehehh..Can give suggestions on the thank Q gift??? If its meant for your frens in Malaysia, you could do a little bit different from others. Get a home-made gift that reminds them of you, like a key-chain with tq notes from you!!!! And as for other frens, they would love malaysian made gifts that is definitely not available anywhere !!! I made some gifts for Mother's Day this year. Make the kids write little notes for their mothers, clipped the cards together with the gift and have it hung in the cars. This way, the moms will always looked at them and never fail to smile whenever they see that card/gift all year thru ....

Back to Top Printable version View leejudie's Profile Search for other posts by leejudie

tikus

Posted: 14-September-06 at 2:53am | IP Logged Quote tikus

kumedd, congratulations in order, v/v/v/ excited for you. the hati must be going boom boom by the nano sec. to countdown ya ?  saw ur pix., u're v/preety lahh. aiyoo..make sure rest well, go to tokong spa as much as u can b4 the b-day ya ? ooh..also, eat well, don't starve. my sis getting married this Dec. ..aiyoo, just saw her ROM pix. at the temple..v/kesian..so flattt & skinny..

i did recd. a heart shaped paper weight made of crystal (fake i think) engraved w/the b&g's name on it as tq gifts. then there's also refrigerator magnets w/couple's wedding pix. lahh, then hmm..got phone cards w/couple wedding pix. as well, scented gel waxed candle in a flower/ fish bowl, etc. etc. i like the paper weight lah, it's practical ppl. can use it & you'll always b remembered as well.

nyways, good luck in e'thing !! btw, i'm Shirley, greetings from SoCal, USA

Back to Top Printable version View tikus's Profile Search for other posts by tikus

kumedd

Posted: 23-September-06 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Hi Folks!!

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I kept looking at the other thread and forgot about cheking this thread.

Farina- Yeah! I think I'll go to Jln Tar. Thanks for your tip. I thought of going to Masjid India as well. I'll just go scouting. Maybe I can get something relatively cheaper and something different.

Kak Ram- Don't worry. I have already looked up several photographers in town and a man to take the video as well. I will post lost of pics

Pn Alibob - Thank you for your idea. Will keep that in mind.

Hi Shirley-  To tell you the truth, I never knew weddings are so tough. Sometimes, I think, I should just elope. Or sometimes, I think, all this hassle is not worth going through. Choosing the right wedding planner itself is a headache, because I'd be entrusting the whole event unto their hands. So it is a daunting experience for me. And... for some reason, I don't have the excitement I had at the beginning. My friends are telling me that's normal. hmmm

But, Folks, I'm still sane, not running away. I will kirim lots of pictures

]
] ]