] ]

] ] ]
]
Welcome Guest ] ]
Take advantage of our free member features & special offers by registering to create a *free* account. If you're already a member simply enter your login username and password below...
Name:
Pass:
Auto Login
Add me to Active Users list
Yes  No
Forgot password? | Register
People Online: 27
Guest(s): 27Member(s): 0
Robot(s): 0Admins: 0
Memberships: 2222
The Newest Member is azierah
Member(s) Visited: 0 
UniQue Hits: Disabled
Statistics (unique hits) have been disabled to optimize page loads.
Most Online: 332
Occured: 30-April-15
Members[0], Guests[332]
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Menu Navigation ] ]
 myB Radio
 myB Cool Pack
 myB Partners/Sponsors
 myB Forums
 Buddies Around The World
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Top 10 Recent Posts ] ]
View Last Post Where is everybody?
Last Post By: ashk1n
Forum: Buddies Lounge

Posted: 21-July-13 at: 12:33pm

View Last Post Philadelphia mom group
Last Post By: PPLoke
Forum: Parenting & Family

Posted: 30-June-13 at: 12:18pm

View Last Post Looking for a confinement lady in redmond
Last Post By: aacew

Posted: 22-April-13 at: 3:39pm

View Last Post food
Last Post By: toadette
Forum: myBuddies USA

Posted: 18-September-11 at: 9:45am

View Last Post I have been isolated lately...
Last Post By: Libob
Forum: myBuddies Malaysia

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 3:04pm

View Last Post Baby

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:58pm

View Last Post Hot days and Cool nights are here
Last Post By: crispi

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:46pm

View Last Post Green Card Renewal
Forum: myBuddies Q&A

Posted: 23-August-11 at: 4:02pm

View Last Post MIA the longest

Posted: 19-August-11 at: 10:35am

View Last Post kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL)
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 5 » 6
Last Post By: Gila Nasi Lemak
Forum: Member Introductions

Posted: 15-July-11 at: 12:26pm

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

Member Introductions
 myBuddies.net- >Member Introductions
Subject Topic: kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Forum Jump 6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
zpearson

National Flag of United States United States
Posted: 23-September-06 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote zpearson

Kumedd,

My husband will attend a conference in Kentucky sometime in 2008.  He is undecided if he should let me accompany him (because I was too comfortable and happy during the most recent conference).. but.. I look forward to have dinner with you if I ever make it there to Kentucky!

You have a great smile!  Should talk to Colgate commercial about your contagious smile!

Kak Zam:)

Edited by zpearson on 23-September-06 at 3:31pm

Ame_O

Posted: 23-September-06 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote Ame_O

Kumedd,

I saw your post on what to give for a door gift in different thread, and **off topic** as I am also preparing for my own wedding, we have decided on the bookmark with a poem and our monogram (instead of napkin with our monogram) because that would get used or thrown away at the reception or after. We also will give the personalized M & M candies (our name and wedding date) to go along with the bookmark.

Selalu in Kelantan, guest would receive bunga telur. But with your very soon to come wedding, I think potpourri would be your best bet. Hope this helps.

Back to Top Printable version View Ame_O's Profile Search for other posts by Ame_O

kumedd

Posted: 24-September-06 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Hmmmm a book mark sounds like an idea. Let me mull over it for a few days. I need to see as to whether this as a possible gift. Thanks for the idea Ame_O

Kak Zam- Thank you for the compliment. I hope that one day, I can go for a tooth paste advertisement.

Edited by kumedd on 24-September-06 at 11:25am
Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

kumedd

Posted: 24-October-07 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Dear Everybody!!!

First and Foremost, I would like to apologise for disappering for all these months. Just wanted you guys to know what I have been up to.

Well earlier this year, I had to go back to school. Going back to school was a whole new world. Got caught up with the new education policies for teachers. Which just meant more work and more headaches for poor Goverment school teachers.

Then, I managed to finish my Thesis and I have graduated this September. In a way I am releived that I'm coming to the States with my MA in Englist Literature. Don't know how much that would help.

Finally, I did my first solo Dance performance in Bharathanatyam in October. I did my Sallangai Pooja. I was quite happy as I managed to do this project finally. After that, I got to perform several times in the temples as it was the Navaratri festivals.

Now, I am getting ready to leave Malaysia on the 28th of Oct. I am so scarred. My husband is here with me. I think I got my paper work in order. Just a matter of packing and saying goodbye to everyone.

Packing is a headache by itself. I don't know what to bring and what to leave behind. As the days go bye, I am beginning to understand and see how much my family loves and care for me. I guess it takes a circumstance to really makes one see how much our family and friends mean to us. Everyone here is very supportive and I think to a certain extend are worrying more that me.

Well, That's it for now guys. Will keep you guys posted

Take Care

Lakshmi O'Bryan

Back to Top Printable version View kumedd's Profile Search for other posts by kumedd

Kath

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 24-October-07 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote Kath

Hello Lakshmi,  It's good to hear from you again.  

I'm so glad that everything went well with you with the travelling arrangements.  I wish you all the best in US and hope you will adjust well with the new life over there, new place, new environments, meeting new people etc.  

You take care too and keep in touch ok.

Back to Top Printable version View Kath's Profile Search for other posts by Kath

Rambutan

Posted: 24-October-07 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote Rambutan

Kumedd,

Kak Ram missed you so much...  Glad to hear from you and everything is well for you and dear hubby.

You have a good journey to US.  Don't worry.  You will love it here...  Just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Kak Ram

Back to Top Printable version View Rambutan's Profile Search for other posts by Rambutan Visit Rambutan's Homepage

kumedd

Posted: 31-October-07 at 2:48am | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Dear  Folks,

Greetings from Owensboro, Kentucky, USA. I can't beleive that I'm finally here. Arrived on the 29th of October at about 6.30 pm. The flight was bad all the way. I threw up on several occasions while in the plane. When we landed, I was really sick.Went to my in laws house and then I came to my apartment finally. I must admit I really like what my husband has done with the place.

I'm having a really bad case of Jet Lag' I'm having bad headaches. And the room feels like it's spinning slowly. My mom in law says it will pass in about a week or so. I sure hope it does. Never had this when I went to Canada. My mom in law baked a wonderful cake for us, which I really love. I wish I could invite everyone  for Teh and have a piece of her cake. It's really delicious.

Other than that, I have never seen so many white people in my life!!!It's ok to see them in the TV back home, but really life all these white people are really big, some of them, and I'm wondering where's the big TV screen that these people are suppose to be in. I feel like I'm in a surreal movie and I'm part of a character. I think, all I'm going to do is sleep and more sleep and start to get to know my surroundings, slowly. Does anyone have a cure of jet lag?

jhooks
Groupie

Groupie

Posted: 31-October-07 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote jhooks

welcome , kumedd,

we came back to texas a few days before you.  We were in KL for 6 weeks. We slept the 1st 2 days and now getting back to normal.  If you can, stay up until bedtime and it will be easier to adjust. Drink lots of water to hydrate since you got sick on the plane. 

post some photos.

kl_gal

Posted: 31-October-07 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Other than that, I have never seen so many white people in my life!!!It's ok to see them in the TV back home, but really life all these white people are really big, some of them, and I'm wondering where's the big TV screen that these people are suppose to be in. I feel like I'm in a surreal movie and I'm part of a character.

Thats so funnyBuy some shades ( sunglasses) to reduce the blinding effect.Just kidding. Come to California where all the colours of the rainbow are representated. You'll get used to it though and when you go home, it may take you some time to adjust to the mostly "non white" visuals.

Re the jet lag, try to adjust to the local time regarding sleeping times, etc. I know its hard, you're many time zones ( 12 hrs?) behind Malaysia but its the best way I know. It takes me at least a week to get over the jet lag + adjust when I fly back here. It doesnt take me that long to adjust at all when I fly from LA to KL. Dont know why.  

Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

kumedd

Posted: 01-November-07 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Dear Folks,

Thanks for your tips guys. Been drinking lots of water. But still, I don't feel the same. I feel like throwing up half the time. I feel like I'm sleep walking half the time. Walking up at odd hours and I'm wondering what had happened to my cell phone and why isn't anyone calliing me. The reality is hitting me, I'm FAR FAr away from home . Been keeping touch with family by calling them regularly. That helps a little, but now, having no job, no income and coming to a country where there is air cond that is blowing contantly out of control, I'm begining to feel more home sick.

Last night I witnessed my first Hallooween experice. It was fun wartching the kids dressed up and walking around the block trick or treating. This morning we got up like 4am and went to 24hour Waffle House, and finally went to the all famous Walmart. It was just like being in Carrefour back home. Saw the beautiful colurs of leaves changing. I hope soon I will be intergrated here.Ok, I'm off to my MIL's house now. Will try to post some pics as soon as possible.

Bye guys

rkaren
Groupie

Groupie

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 01-November-07 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote rkaren

hey kumedd,
welcome to USA!! it has been quite some time since I checked this site. please send me an email to krekhraj2002@yahoo.com and email  me your phone number so we can speak on the phone..
talk soon....

karuna

Edited by rkaren on 01-November-07 at 9:17pm

Libob

Posted: 01-November-07 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote Libob

Hey Kume,

Welcome to your new country.  I am glad after reading your news.  You have fun living now in america.

I am going hunting with my spouse of 21 yrs.  I wsih you are living close by so that we can go do some shooting in the field.

kl_gal

Posted: 02-November-07 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Give yourself some time to acclimatise lah..you just got here a few days ago. Its natural to be homesick and missing friends, family + food. Once you get your bearings , these feelings will not be so intense. Do use a phonecard when calling home..will save you a ton of $..they have various types..the kind I use enables me to talk for 5 hrs on a $5 card ( if the card is used all in one call- I dont do this ..how to talk for 5 hrs straight and about what?)If not, they charge maintenance fees but its still a good deal.

Libob, How are you? Long time no see. Dont lah scare the poor girl..she just arrived and you want to her her hunting already

Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

Libob

Posted: 04-November-07 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Libob

Hey Kl_g,

That's what I do over here at the prairie.  I can't talk like you or live like you or do things like you over at your part of the world.  I am a Malaysian hill billy and I love it many times and I can't live like a Malaysian city sleek here and do things like my past.

Life in america is fun, fun, fun.  I wish Kume all the best of living in america.  I might stop at her place some day when I retired from work and live on my pulled along trailer and travel in the USA and live like a hippie/gysie, whatever.

My life in the hippie land is wonderful and I am trying to be a supermom to my kids and a Dolly Parton to my spouse; alright.

kl_gal

Posted: 04-November-07 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

* off topic*

Libob,

Take it easy lah sayang ...no one is asking you to behave like a city slicker. It was a joke..merely making the point that it may not be everyones idea of a great time to go hunting/shooting deer, bison or whatever..especially someone who has just arrived here barely a week ago Am happy that you're having fun..if you happen to come to these parts in your RV, come get me and we can ronda2 together,ok?

kumedd

Posted: 06-November-07 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote kumedd

Hello Everybody,

Hi, Thanks guys for all your tips, but I never knew getting acclamatised would take me so long.

Libob- would love to come and visit the Prairie. I can live out my Little House on The Prarie Adventure.  Always watvhed that movie when I was growing up. Always wanted to know what it felt like being Laura Engels ( I hope it's the correct spelling!!!)

KL_girl - You are right. I do need to get used to the things here. I still don't understand this daylight saving time. Though I'm sure it will make sense to me as the time goes by. My mind caanot get around the idea that it's dark over here at 5.30pm. And it's a big Headline here for a little bit of rain, which they say it was a thunderstorm.

Other than that, I don't see the difference in Thanks Giving Deco and Christmas Deco. I have learned that Turkey here is big and chicken is an after thought. But Beef reigns supreme. Skin gets very dry after having a hot shower here. Now, I understanding why showers are not an issue on my husbands side of the family and wearing tennis shoes 24/7 is a norm.

Overall, I must say that shopping has been the best past time. I just wished I had free flowing cash agency that would enable me to shop as much as I want. . However, there is nothing like our shopping complexes back home that can rival the shopping complexes here. Missing all the things are took for granted back home.

Will keep you guys posted.

]
] ]