] ]

] ] ]
]
Welcome Guest ] ]
Take advantage of our free member features & special offers by registering to create a *free* account. If you're already a member simply enter your login username and password below...
Name:
Pass:
Auto Login
Add me to Active Users list
Yes  No
Forgot password? | Register
People Online: 2
Guest(s): 2Member(s): 0
Robot(s): 0Admins: 0
Memberships: 2222
The Newest Member is azierah
Member(s) Visited: 0 
UniQue Hits: Disabled
Statistics (unique hits) have been disabled to optimize page loads.
Most Online: 332
Occured: 30-April-15
Members[0], Guests[332]
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Menu Navigation ] ]
 myB Radio
 myB Cool Pack
 myB Partners/Sponsors
 myB Forums
 Buddies Around The World
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Top 10 Recent Posts ] ]
View Last Post Where is everybody?
Last Post By: ashk1n
Forum: Buddies Lounge

Posted: 21-July-13 at: 12:33pm

View Last Post Philadelphia mom group
Last Post By: PPLoke
Forum: Parenting & Family

Posted: 30-June-13 at: 12:18pm

View Last Post Looking for a confinement lady in redmond
Last Post By: aacew

Posted: 22-April-13 at: 3:39pm

View Last Post food
Last Post By: toadette
Forum: myBuddies USA

Posted: 18-September-11 at: 9:45am

View Last Post I have been isolated lately...
Last Post By: Libob
Forum: myBuddies Malaysia

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 3:04pm

View Last Post Baby

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:58pm

View Last Post Hot days and Cool nights are here
Last Post By: crispi

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:46pm

View Last Post Green Card Renewal
Forum: myBuddies Q&A

Posted: 23-August-11 at: 4:02pm

View Last Post MIA the longest

Posted: 19-August-11 at: 10:35am

View Last Post kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL)
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 5 » 6
Last Post By: Gila Nasi Lemak
Forum: Member Introductions

Posted: 15-July-11 at: 12:26pm

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

myB Highlights
 myBuddies.net- >myB Highlights
Subject Topic: Finally, We are Moving Back to Malaysia Post ReplyPost New Topic
Forum Jump 8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

National Flag of United States United States
Posted: 30-April-09 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote Ray

Finally, We are Moving Back to Malaysia

After 13+ long years in the US, we are moving back to Malaysia for good this Sunday (May 3)!!!  Yes...going back to Malaysia - the only place that we call HOME...the only place that makes us feel like HOME! 

This is definitely a HUGE DECISION and a LIFE CHANGING DECISION for myself and my family! 

Alot of the people told us now is really a bad time to go home because the economy is bad, crime rate is high, and almost everyone in Malaysia wants to leave the country, etc....so it will be better off for us to remain in the US. 
Here are our main reasons behind this big decision:

1) Our parents are getting older each day.  Though they never asked, but who wouldn't want their kids and grandkids to be close to them...and spend more time with them?  We are still young and have plenty of time and opportunities to build our career and dreams anywhere anytime, but the least we could do for our parents is to be closer to them, take good care of them, and let them enjoy their grandparenthood!

2) We see plenty of opportunities in Msia and Asia, so we want to give it a try.  Your don't try you don't know!

We actually have some friends who disagreed with our decision.  One person even said to me - If u go back u sure mati-lah.  I can bet u will come back in less than 6 months!!

See, there will NEVER be a "right time" to go home.  We can always find thousands of reasons not to go back- e.g: Economy bad, we shouldn't go back; but when economy is good, job opportunities in the US becomes more attractive, then why go back?  But the truth is - we sometimes only need 1 or 2 reasons to make the big decision.

So this time we decide to follow our hearts!  We know better than anyone else what we really want (not just a good paying job!).  A myB member once told me - God will take care of those who take good care of their parents!  I really believe that...!

No doubt it's not going to be easy, there will be a lot of new challenges, uncertainties, and adjustments we have to make! But we believe with God's grace and a good family-friend support system at home, I think we should be ok! (right?).

Now what happen if for whatever reasons it didn't work out for us in Malaysia? Other than expecting more "I TOLD U SO", there is no reason why we can't return to the US or find other options!  No problem of keep trying!

ok...here are some latest updates:

• God has been good to me (some said I was lucky) - I got a job offer in Malaysia working as a IT Project Manager for a consulting firm in Malaysia (got this offer after we made the decision in February and after 1 month of online job search).  I will be working in KL once I arrived in Malaysia.
  • We have been meeting our friends (including some myB members) and ex-colleagues these few days.  We are definitely going to miss all of them!!!  THANK YOU all....(Will post pics once we settle down in Malaysia ok?)
  • We have been shopping like crazy in New York City.  Knowing we are going back for good, sure we are going to get lots of stuff lah! So u can tell I am pretty broke now! 
  • When I have more time later, I will share more details about our GO-HOME preparations and experience.  I am sure this will help others who are thinking of going back home too!

Ok....time to wrap up.  See you all in Malaysia!

Take care

Edited by Ray on 30-December-09 at 11:15pm

Back to Top Printable version View Ray's Profile Search for other posts by Ray Visit Ray's Homepage

jamessgbesar

Posted: 01-May-09 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote jamessgbesar

Ray,

I like your courage...It did sounds excited. I have conflicting feeling as you too. It is however a daunting decision. But once you get through, it usually turn up not that daunting as we thought...our mind always playing tricks on ourselves when we try to move away from our comfort zone.
Anyway, good to hear your boat of change departed for a new chapter.
I think one reason you got a job rather easily is your credential in USA.

Anyway, I know you should be on the plane to Malaysia in a day or 2, I wish you have a good journey back home and live well there... Just don't eat too much
Back to Top Printable version View jamessgbesar's Profile Search for other posts by jamessgbesar

beachlover

Posted: 02-May-09 at 1:04am | IP Logged Quote beachlover

Ray

Good for you and Soo able to make this HUGE decision!!  happy to hear you are going back for GOOD!! but I thought US green card only allow certain period to stay outside US,right? or else you just waste your time here waiting for GC so long..

Don't worried ,you can always find $$ later in life ..Don't forget to get "America Ginseng" and shop at Century 21 at NYC!! Wish you the best of luck and have a safe trip back home.

A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.

Back to Top Printable version View beachlover's Profile Search for other posts by beachlover Visit beachlover's Homepage

kl_gal

Posted: 02-May-09 at 1:38am | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Bon Voyage and Godspeed. I'm confident that you will bloom wherever you are planted.
Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

Libob

Posted: 02-May-09 at 11:39am | IP Logged Quote Libob

Wow what a touchy love story of Ray and family.  I am so proud to know a young person/family like yours, Ray, you are a good man.  You put family needs first, I can guarantee your kids will do the same when you get older.  I don't know about you until today.  Our grannies and parents don't live forever and because I experienced family love, I will give a million to exchange for my great grandma, grandmas and my parents.  I think you did the right thing for the family.  Your money and career don't mean a thing if no granny or parents' around to love you or your children.  I asked one of my child on what she wants for christmas?  She said, "A grandma", which they don't have even if I have a million.

Stay cool in K.L. now, my young friend.  God Bless.

robleong

Posted: 02-May-09 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote robleong

Wow - major decision, Ray! Good luck with it.

rkaren
Groupie

Groupie

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 02-May-09 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote rkaren

Hey Ray,
Wish you all the best in your move back to Malaysia. I am proud of you for being optimistic with you move and one thing I can tell you is follow your dreams, and all things will fall in place..

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

Posted: 03-May-09 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote Ray

Thanks all!

Few more hours I will be leaving this 14-year old home and returning to my permanent home!  Still can't believe it.....!

Also, with the Swine fly outbreak in Hong Kong/Asia, now HK and Malaysia authorities are screening passengers from the US and Mexico.  Anyone found having flu symtoms will be quarantined!!!  Really hope everyone in our flights are healthy....!  Guys, please pray for safe trip for me and my family ya!  

Chat with u all later...

Back to Top Printable version View Ray's Profile Search for other posts by Ray Visit Ray's Homepage

Gila Nasi Lemak

Posted: 03-May-09 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote Gila Nasi Lemak

Hey Ray, that is great news!! Have a safe trip. Have you armed yourself with all the Rambo stuff? Which part of Malaysia will you be staying in? I should be going back to Malaysia......if all goes well sometime end of this year. Perhaps I could  catch up with you and Soo. 

Your parents would be so happy to have you guys back and it would definitely be great for your kid to have their grandparents around to spoil them. Nothing like a personal touch of the grandparents for growing kids.  It's a great thing you are doing for your aging parents and God will definitely bless you for doing this.

Take care!!

Back to Top Printable version View Gila Nasi Lemak's Profile Search for other posts by Gila Nasi Lemak

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

Posted: 04-May-09 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote Ray

Nasi Lemak...yeah..let me know ..we sure can meet up in Msia for NASI LEMAK!

Arrived Msia safely last night...didn't have any problem with transit in Hong Kong and custom in Msia.  Lots of people were wearing masks though.  Basically Msia Dept of Health required us to complete a form stating ur health condition - whether u have flu, cough, sore throat....etc.  If u have any of the symtoms, they will take u aside for further evaluations!  But the officers were very friendly and helpful!

THe weather...as expected...super HOT and HUMID! 

Lots of settling to do...and things to get.  Catching up and learning where to get stuff, how to get around places, the public transportation system...etc....wow..so much to learn...!  I think after 6 mths i can write a book on how to go home! lol

Gila Nasi Lemak

Posted: 04-May-09 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote Gila Nasi Lemak

Glad you got to M'sia safe and sound. Yeah, it's so hot and humid that it can be so suffocating in the beginning. Just be careful of the Aedes mosquito. Have to be on the look out for those little insects.

Are you staying in KL? If in KL, park somewhere and take the LRT. That's what I do. Don't have to mess with all that traffic jam and motorbikes zooming like crazy and not obeying traffic laws, etc.

Good idea.......meeting for nasi lemak........and I know a good place to have that too!! LOL!!

Back to Top Printable version View Gila Nasi Lemak's Profile Search for other posts by Gila Nasi Lemak

song012000

National Flag of Germany Germany
Posted: 04-May-09 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote song012000

All the best, Ray!!
Back to Top Printable version View song012000's Profile Search for other posts by song012000

specialk

Posted: 05-May-09 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote specialk

I was away for a few weeks and now Im greeted with the news that towkay Ray is returning to Malaysia for good.  Ray is a smart guy and Im sure he will do well wherever he goes.  He is also a descent guy and I hope he will get involved with the local politics and shake things up.  Ray, may God bless you and your family.
Back to Top Printable version View specialk's Profile Search for other posts by specialk

Ray
Admin Group

Admin Group
Founder

Posted: 05-May-09 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote Ray

Nasi Lemak....we are staying with my parents' place in PJ.  So I will be taking LRT to KL to work.  Hopefully I can get there with no problem lah!

U know...returning home for vacation (did it for 14 years) and returning for good is VERY DIFFERENT!  Now...the priorities are NO LONGER makan and visit friends (which most of the time are stress free!), but to quickly settle down the family, get familarized with everything - the streets, banking system, transportation system, hospital and medical system, how to minimize the risk of being a crime victim, etc.good or bad also have to know.  A lot of things are very different from the US.I am telling u...it's really not easy!  Plus, with a new job and work environment & culture....it requires a lot of patience and perseverance.  I think having a strong family support is the KEY to get through this huge adjustment. (u can tell that I am pretty stressed..huh!)

I really hope things will work out and I will do a good job in adapting...

Specialk, thanks for ur compliments.  I really hope I am that smart and good!

Gila Nasi Lemak

Posted: 05-May-09 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Gila Nasi Lemak

Yeah.....the working environment in Malaysia is very different. Frankly, I prefer the working environment in the US. Over here, they give credit where credit is due. In M'sia must kow tow and have to take all kinds of petty back biting, racial stuff, etc...sigh!! It will take quite an adjusting to.

If your parents are in PJ then SJMC is a good hospital. I am sure you will be covered for medical by your company. I live right at the border between PJ and KL so I am quite familiar with PJ area. Got kawan kawan there too.

You are a very resourceful guy Ray. You can do it lah......coping there should be no problem one!! The company hired you from all the way across many miles because they saw something special in you.  Talking about resourceful.......perhaps you can figure out a way to export all the packed stuff for cooking like curry laksa etc to us poor folks over on this side of the ocean...

Oh.....and another thing, you gotta get used to driving on the right hand side too. Good luck with that. I have to do it everytime I go back and drive my car......and then switch when I come back here..........always use the wrong hand and then instead of the signal going on, the wind shield wipers start moving!!

Anyways, when do you start work? All the best on your job and getting adjusted to everything over there. Kalau Malaysia boleh, Ray pun boleh!!!

jamessgbesar

Posted: 05-May-09 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote jamessgbesar

Ray

Finally, a new beginning.
The weather and hectic surrounding should be easy to adjust. The tough part will be your job. To adjust to the Malaysian styles will challenge especially when come to dealing with managers and clients ...some time your principal may have to leave outside the door...
Anyway, good luck and enjoy...
Back to Top Printable version View jamessgbesar's Profile Search for other posts by jamessgbesar

]
] ]