] ]

] ] ]
]
Welcome Guest ] ]
Take advantage of our free member features & special offers by registering to create a *free* account. If you're already a member simply enter your login username and password below...
Name:
Pass:
Auto Login
Add me to Active Users list
Yes  No
Forgot password? | Register
People Online: 4
Guest(s): 3Member(s): 0
Robot(s): 1Admins: 0
Memberships: 2222
The Newest Member is azierah
Member(s) Visited: 0 
UniQue Hits: Disabled
Statistics (unique hits) have been disabled to optimize page loads.
Most Online: 332
Occured: 30-April-15
Members[0], Guests[332]
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Menu Navigation ] ]
 myB Radio
 myB Cool Pack
 myB Partners/Sponsors
 myB Forums
 Buddies Around The World
]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Top 10 Recent Posts ] ]
View Last Post Where is everybody?
Last Post By: ashk1n
Forum: Buddies Lounge

Posted: 21-July-13 at: 12:33pm

View Last Post Philadelphia mom group
Last Post By: PPLoke
Forum: Parenting & Family

Posted: 30-June-13 at: 12:18pm

View Last Post Looking for a confinement lady in redmond
Last Post By: aacew

Posted: 22-April-13 at: 3:39pm

View Last Post food
Last Post By: toadette
Forum: myBuddies USA

Posted: 18-September-11 at: 9:45am

View Last Post I have been isolated lately...
Last Post By: Libob
Forum: myBuddies Malaysia

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 3:04pm

View Last Post Baby

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:58pm

View Last Post Hot days and Cool nights are here
Last Post By: crispi

Posted: 29-August-11 at: 2:46pm

View Last Post Green Card Renewal
Forum: myBuddies Q&A

Posted: 23-August-11 at: 4:02pm

View Last Post MIA the longest

Posted: 19-August-11 at: 10:35am

View Last Post kumedd in Kentucky, USA (orginally KL)
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 5 » 6
Last Post By: Gila Nasi Lemak
Forum: Member Introductions

Posted: 15-July-11 at: 12:26pm

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

] ] ]
]
Sponsored Ads

]
] ]

myBuddies Q&A
 myBuddies.net- >myBuddies Q&A
Subject Topic: Green Card Renewal Post ReplyPost New Topic
Forum Jump  
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Rossie

National Flag of United States United States
Posted: 12-April-11 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote Rossie

I have to renew my Green Card in a few weeks and have some questions. I came here through a fiance visa, got my conditions removed and have been here for about 12 years.

Any one out there with similar background and recently renewed their GC? I would very much appreciate responses and help. Thanks.

Rossie

gleearch

National Flag of Afghanistan Afghanistan
Posted: 13-April-11 at 1:59am | IP Logged Quote gleearch

Sorry Rosie. I went straight to citizenship.  So no renewals that I can remember. 
Now I can vote and legitimately blame everything on the government. 
Back to Top Printable version View gleearch's Profile Search for other posts by gleearch

Rossie

Posted: 13-April-11 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote Rossie

Haha, thanks Gerard. I remember asking you about the citizenship process. I am not quite there yet. But now you have to serve as a juror if you are summoned. Best of luck.

gleearch

National Flag of Afghanistan Afghanistan
Posted: 14-April-11 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote gleearch

Been summoned but haven't served once. I actually look forward to it.  if they are guilty they deserve to pay big time.  That's my philosophy.  Victims' rights and not criminal rights. 

Yes I became a citizen during the worse recession we have seen in recent years but no regrets.  I got to vote during our state elections and only a handful of people I voted for got in but I still managed to vote and have my say. 

I'll continue to write my legislators to have my side heard.  That's democracy, even if imperfect in this country with a two party systems which only seeks to protect their hold on power and nothing to do with serving the people. 

Since my son was born here and my parents no longer are alive, there are no real attachments to M'sia for me.  Other then going back to visit my friends and eating the food, I don't need to be a M'sian citizen.  No point being a citizen if I don't partake in trying to change it. 

If I had the connections and the money, I probably would get involved in government to at least try to improve the lot of the people and do away with the waste and arrogance of our so called leaders. 

First thing I would do is fire all the staffers since they are the ones who keeps things at status quo to preserve their jobs.  You think a noob congressman knows what to do? No he relies on long term staffers who only seek to hang on to their jobs and preserve things as is, at tax payers expense. 

Even if I floundered, I prefer to do it then to have the smirking voice of a smarmy staffer whispering in my ear trying to convince me that you can't do things that way and you have to do it this way. 

Most people have very little clue how staffers affect our political landscape. 
Back to Top Printable version View gleearch's Profile Search for other posts by gleearch

Gila Nasi Lemak

National Flag of Malaysia Malaysia
Posted: 14-April-11 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote Gila Nasi Lemak

Rossie, I wish I knew how to go about renewing my GC as well. It will be 12 years for me in 2013.
Back to Top Printable version View Gila Nasi Lemak's Profile Search for other posts by Gila Nasi Lemak

Rossie

Posted: 14-April-11 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote Rossie

12 years? What is the expiry date on your card? I read the process on USCIS but was wondering if someone has gone through it and maybe can give some tips and share experience.

kl_gal

Posted: 15-April-11 at 12:03am | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Quote: Rossie
12 years? What is the expiry date on your card? I read the process on USCIS but was wondering if someone has gone through it and maybe can give some tips and share experience.

It's a 10 year expiration. I renewed mine once before and it's due for renewal in Nov 2011 again. Last time was a relatively painless process. I've been on-line this time and the process seems to have added new features like biometrics (??) but I reckon it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

Rossie

Posted: 15-April-11 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote Rossie

Hi kl_gal, thanks for responding. Sorry but I have to ask, did you come here through a fiance visa? Thanks.

kl_gal

Posted: 15-April-11 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Quote: Rossie
Hi kl_gal, thanks for responding. Sorry but I have to ask, did you come here through a fiance visa? Thanks.

No problem, Rossie. Yes, I came here on a fiancee visa. Had a temporary/conditional green card for 2 years ( I think, it was so long ago) Thereafter, the new green cards lasted 10 years.

Back to Top Printable version View kl_gal's Profile Search for other posts by kl_gal

Rossie

Posted: 15-April-11 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Rossie

Ok, so yours is up for renewal in may. I am trying
to decide if I Shld electronically or by mail.

kl_gal

Posted: 20-April-11 at 1:33am | IP Logged Quote kl_gal

Mine expires in Nov. I looked on-line at the forms but haven't had the time or energy to print them and fill them out yet. Let us know how you decide to go about it , i.e on-line or by mail and your experience.  

Rossie

Posted: 22-August-11 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote Rossie

I got my new green card in the mail today. Yipeee!

Libob

Posted: 23-August-11 at 4:02pm | IP Logged Quote Libob

Good for ya Rosie girl.  I was tired of my green card mess, and told an immigration officer at a 24 hr port of entry and he said to give him a set documents and he had me fingered printed and took care of the documents for me.  He then told me that why not go straight for the citizenship?  So, we did all the necessary paperworks and I received my citizenship test in the mail in no time.  I been here a long time and glad I am over with the green card worries

So, r u looking forward to become a US citizen in the future at all? 

]
] ]